Insurance for Your Construction Business
After many years of experience working with construction companies, from local general contractors to national entities, we know that protecting your business from risk requires a deep understanding of the industry.
No matter the size, your business can benefit from our experience and learn to address your key areas of risk with solutions to keep your workplace safe, including construction ergonomics; crane, scaffold, and excavation safety; and more. Our risk control consultants and property risk engineers also work to help identify ways you can lower your total cost of risk.
Our industry specialization spans beyond risk control. We have dedicated industry underwriters for larger, more complex risks who focus exclusively on construction. In addition, we engage lawyers who are experts in construction defect and accident liability, and our specialized claims units excel at handling complex and catastrophic construction claims.
We work with a variety of businesses, including:
- General building contractors*
- Heavy construction contractors
- Specialty trade contractors
Coverage for Complex Construction Risks
Construction businesses have complex risk management needs. In addition to offering commercial auto, workers compensation, umbrella, and excess, we also offer coverages tailored for construction businesses, including:
- Inland marine insurance (builder’s risk, contractor’s equipment, installation floater)
- Owners and contractors protective liability (OCP)
- Project-specific coverages (e.g., wrap-ups, joint ventures)
- Railroad protective liability
- Surety bonds
For larger construction businesses, we also offer specialty coverage through Ironshore**:
- Designer and contractors professional liability
- Architects and engineers liability
- Terrorism and sabotage
- Contractors environmental legal liability
- Owners protective professional indemnity
- Project cargo and marine delay in start up
Design Build and Integrated Project Delivery Solutions
Design build and integrated project delivery construction projects are growing in popularity. We offer an integrated primary wrap up program that combines general liabililty and professional liability protection.
This program is offered through Liberty Mutual Insurance and Ironshore.