Before the wedding ceremony, there will usually be a rehearsal day before. What typically follows afterwards is a rehearsal dinner with the people who participated in the wedding rehearsal earlier.
A rehearsal dinner is a chance for everyone in the wedding to eat and spend some time together before the big wedding day. This dinner is usually right after the wedding rehearsal. It is also a way to thank everyone involved in the wedding for putting their time and effort into the wedding.
While anyone can host a rehearsal dinner, this responsibility often falls on the parents of the bride or groom. It can also be customary, though not mandatory, for the people hosting the rehearsal dinner to give a speech.
When giving your rehearsal dinner speech, do not forget to thank everyone for coming to the rehearsal and for being a part of the wedding. Many people will take time off from work and travel far to make it to the wedding rehearsal.
You can also state the upcoming wedding, how excited you are for it, and you can also mention all of the hard work and planning that has gone into making the event a reality.
REHEARSAL DINNER SPEECH EXAMPLES
1. Hello everyone, can I have your attention for a moment? I would just like to thank [bride] and [groom] for putting their hearts and souls into this wedding, this special day that we have all been anticipating for a very long time. Thank you both for including us in this special day. Tonight’s rehearsal and dinner is just a taste of the celebration that is yet to come. Let us all raise a glass to the lovely couple and the upcoming wedding day.
2. So the big day is tomorrow and I am a bundle of nerves. I can only imagine how [bride] and [groom] are feeling. But it is a happy occasion and it will be a day full of love and celebration. I know that I do not just speak for myself when I say that I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings.
3. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears has gone into planning this wedding. And tomorrow is the big day. So thank all of you for coming here to support [bride] and [groom], who both mean so much to me. I cannot wait to celebrate this wedding with all of you.
4. As many of you know, planning a wedding is not easy. There are so many details to think about. The venue. The wedding date, the guests, the church, the caterer, the DJ or band, the florist, the dress, and so on. Every little aspect, every single detail of the wedding is meticulously planned out by the bride and groom who want nothing more than to share their love for each other with their closest friends and family members.
[Bride] and [groom] have both worked so hard to make sure that tomorrow will be amazing. And I for one, cannot wait for the wedding.
5. As I look at the face of close friends and family members that are here at this rehearsal dinner, I am happy to know that [bride] and [groom] have such a great community behind them. To have that type of support from the people that you love is truly invaluable. Believe me when I say that this wedding would not have been the same without all of you.
6. Hello, everyone. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming to the rehearsal dinner. It means to world to us that all of you are here with us tonight to help us prepare for our wedding. Now eat, drink, enjoy yourselves, and get a good night’s sleep. We all have a huge day ahead tomorrow.
7. I would like to thank [groom’s] parents for putting together this lovely rehearsal dinner. Thank you for welcoming me into your family and for treating me like your own daughter. And to my own parents, I want to thank you for all of the help and support that you have offered up to us as well. To everyone here tonight, know that this wedding would not be the same without you. We are so grateful for each and every one of you. Now let’s eat!
8. Hi everyone, I am a friend of the bride, and after getting to know him, I have become quite good friends with [groom] as well. Watching the love that has blossomed between these two has just been magical and I am so happy that my dear friend has found the perfect match for her.
9. As I look around this room, it warms my heart to see all of the love in here that people have for [bride] and [groom.] If you have been in a wedding before, you know that it takes a lot of hard work and planning. It truly is a group effort and this rehearsal is the last thing on the to-do list before the big day. I know [bride] and [groom] are so happy and grateful to have you all here and I am so lucky to get to meet and eat with all of you.
10. I want to thank all of you for making it to tonight’s wedding rehearsal. It is a crucial part of making sure that the wedding tomorrow will go smoothly. I know that many of you could be doing something else really fun tonight, but instead you are here helping us get ready for our big day and for that, we are very thankful.